[R-sig-Debian] Problems installing packages with R 3.2.0 on Linux Mint 17.1

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Fri May 8 09:02:00 CEST 2015

Dear Stefan,

you are using Linux Mint 17.1, which is based on Ubuntu 14.04 (using gcc
4.8.2). I have an Ubuntu 14.04 system with CRAN backports installed and
install.packages("sem") works there as well.

Again, compiler setup should "just work" on these systems. Still no clue what
went wrong at your end.

The packages necessary to build R packages from source are pulled by the
dependencies of r-base-dev, including build-essential, gcc and g++.

g++ gives the error messages in your case.

Kind regards,

Johannes