[R-sig-Debian] r-cran-rgdal: dependency on libgdal1 unsatisfied in ubuntu 12.04?

Prof J C Nash (U30A) nashjc at uottawa.ca
Sun Sep 28 09:31:43 CEST 2014

I upgrade too, but with some trepidation. I was an unfortunate victim of
a bad disk space estimator script in the upgrade software (now some
years ago on an early Ubuntu). The Ubuntu folk were apologetic, but ...

An upgrade that hits the filesystem limit gives one a very
unsatisfactory system.

John Nash
-- who seems to be the finder of such bugs.