[R-sig-Debian] r-cran-rgdal: dependency on libgdal1 unsatisfied in ubuntu 12.04?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Sep 28 00:06:33 CEST 2014

On 27 September 2014 at 21:31, Matt Dowle wrote:
| On 27/09/14 21:14, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| Very interesting. Ok, yep, Matthieu really has no excuse for not
| upgrading then.

The two possible caveats are of course that a) I do stay abreast of general
Debian / Ubuntu issues so if something thorny were to happen I am not too
worried that I will get out of it and b) he is in a tougher spot as 12.04 is
four releases behind 14.04. I am not sure what the recommended upgrade path
is as I never slip that far behind.

Working distributions can be a wonderful thing for those of us who do
actually like being on a Linux box.  Maybe the next big thing really is
containerization where we can bring the clear advantage of how distributions
to those who still prefer an OS X or (worse!) winWhatever box.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org