[R-sig-Debian] Attempting to update from R 2.14 to 2.15 on Ubuntu

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Tue Jun 12 20:42:23 CEST 2012

R-SIG-Debian

I am very new to Linux so I probably am doing something stupid but I cannot seem to update to R 2.15
Using Ubuntu 12.02 Precise Penguin

I realise that debian packages are not updated regularly so I tried to follow the insructions at the R-site

So far, I have modified /etc/apt/sources.list to read
## R CRAN added 2012-06-12
deb http://probability.ca/cran/bin/linux/debian squeeze-cran/
I also have updated my gpg code as instructed in http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/README  (thanks to Dan Nordlund on the R-help list)

Results
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys E084DAB9
[sudo] password for john:
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring
/tmp/tmp.28YKFHKFht --trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg
--primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys
E084DAB9
gpg: requesting key E084DAB9 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: key E084DAB9: public key "Michael Rutter <marutter at gmail.com>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1  (RSA: 1)

## So it looks like I have the gpg key but I get the same result as ##before I added the key.
## I get basically the same result with all the other approachs.

W: GPG error: http://probability.ca squeeze-cran/ Release: The following signatures
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 06F90DE5381BA480
john at john-K53U:~$

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada