[R-sig-Debian] Attempting to update from R 2.14 to 2.15 on Ubuntu

Michael Rutter marutter.psu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 22:56:16 CEST 2012

On 06/12/2012 02:42 PM, John Kane wrote:
> R-SIG-Debian
>
> I am very new to Linux so I probably am doing something stupid but I cannot seem to update to R 2.15
> Using Ubuntu 12.02 Precise Penguin

John,

If you are using Ubuntu, don't mix the Debian repositories with Ubuntu
ones, it has the chance to create issues.

The simplest thing to do is to remove the line from sources.list that
you added with that ends with squeeze-cran.

Then run the following command, which will add my R PPA from launchpad:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:marutter/rrutter

This is the PPA that feeds the CRAN mirrors.  Then run

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

And the latest versions of R should be installed.

Hope this helps,
Michael