[R-sig-Debian] Hmisc for Maverick

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 13 17:51:52 CET 2012

On 01/12/2012 09:21 PM, r-sig-debian-request at r-project.org wrote:
> Message: 4 Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 18:39:53 -0500
> From: Michael Rutter <mar36 at psu.edu>
>
> Hmisc is available on c2d4u
> (https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/c2d4u) for Natty and Oneiric,
> but not for Maverick, the others you mention are not.

Dirk, Michael -  thanks for the useful advice.

Re: Hmisc:  It turns out that Hmisc is available as a package for
Maverick directly from packages.ubuntu.com:  r-cran-hmisc
(also for natty, oneiric, and precise)

One question.  Dirk mentioned a couple of times that Hmisc is no longer
maintained and has been replaced by rms.  I'm not following this.  The
last update for Hmisc is Nov. 8, 2011 and Hmisc (> 3.7) is listed as a
dependency for rms.

(I'm going to try and use the mosaic package for a statistics class this
semester, and mosaic depends Hmisc.)