[R-sig-Debian] R2jags update, jags.parallel

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Fri Jan 13 19:35:47 CET 2012

On 01/13/2012 11:29 AM, Elizabeth Tighe wrote:

> Anyone used jags.parallel in latest version of R2jags?
>
> Ubuntu Oneiric, just ran updates in R to get latest R2jags package which
> supposedly has added jags.parallel command to send chains to multiple
> cores ... but when I submit, I get:
>
> test <- jags.parallel(d, inits, param, model.file="rats.bug",
> n.chains=3, n.iter=2000)
>
> Error: could not find function "jags.parallel"
>
> checked sessionInfo() to be sure I did actually have the udpated version:

Liz,

I checked the code for R2Jags, and jags.parallel does exist.  It appears
that the author neglected to add jags.parallel to the export list in the
package, which means you can't call it unless you know it is there.
This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

The workaround until it is fixed it to call it via:

R2jags:::jags.parallel

as in:

test <- R2jags:::jags.parallel(d, inits, param,
model.file="rats.bug",n.chains=3, n.iter=2000)

That should work.  I will notify the author and get the newer versions
of R2jags up on the repositories.

Dr. Michael A. Rutter
School of Science
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College