[R-sig-Debian] mgcv won't load

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Apr 22 22:39:33 CEST 2011

On 22 April 2011 at 16:11, Tyler Smith wrote:
| "Johnson, Cedrick W." <cedrick at cedrickjohnson.com> writes:
|
| > see if you can install r-cran-matrix from the repository perhaps...
| >
| > -c
|
| Thanks, but I've already tried that. I just found a very brief blog
| post[1] indicating that there were incompatibilities between packages
| that depend on the most recent version of Matrix and versions of R <
| 2.13. I've updated to R.13 from the unstable repositories and now all
| appears to work again.

Hm, sounds like you may have found a bug in Depends being too loose...

Just for the record, did you take r-cran-mgcv and r-cran-matrix from Debian
or did you mix and match with direct CRAN installations?

| As long as R 2.13 makes it into testing before some new conflict arises
| on my now mixed system!

Should happen in two days once the usual 'ten day minimum' is reached (and no
important bugs are open, or build issue arose) as per

	http://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=r-base

So all should be well.

Gauss checked the infinity of primes by counting them, starting
from the last.                     -- http://www.gaussfacts.com