[R-sig-Debian] mgcv won't load

Tyler Smith tyler.smith at eku.edu
Fri Apr 22 22:11:19 CEST 2011

"Johnson, Cedrick W." <cedrick at cedrickjohnson.com> writes:

> see if you can install r-cran-matrix from the repository perhaps...
>
> -c

Thanks, but I've already tried that. I just found a very brief blog
post[1] indicating that there were incompatibilities between packages
that depend on the most recent version of Matrix and versions of R <
2.13. I've updated to R.13 from the unstable repositories and now all
appears to work again.

As long as R 2.13 makes it into testing before some new conflict arises
on my now mixed system!

Cheers,

Tyler

http://thiagogm.wordpress.com/2011/04/13/problems-with-r-package-matrix/