[R-sig-Debian] rjags in Ubuntu 10.04

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Thu May 27 18:43:28 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> Ack, and my bad -- I should have checked.
>
> The packaging is much smarter than I gave it credit for and _does_ of course

I'm running Ubuntu on 64bits at the moment and had no trouble building
the newer jags with Dirk's setup from the previous version of jags.
The new jags was not yet available in the package system on Friday, I
don't think it is updated yet for Ubuntu.

In case it saves you some trouble, I've uploaded the package and the
Debian build stuff here:

http://pj.freefaculty.org/Ubuntu/10.04/amd64/jags/

And the package itself is here:

http://pj.freefaculty.org/Ubuntu/10.04/amd64/jags/jags_2.1.0-1_amd64.deb

My package signing key is here, in case you are security conscious.

http://pj.freefaculty.org/Ubuntu

I am sorry this is not apt-get able.  I'm not in that frame of mind.
I'm really more of an RPM packager than a DEB builder.

After installing that, there is joy and happiness in rjags land, as
you see here.

> install.packages("rjags",dep=T)
Warning in install.packages("rjags", dep = T) :
  argument 'lib' is missing: using
'/home/pauljohn/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.11'
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
trying URL 'http://cran.wustl.edu/src/contrib/rjags_2.1.0-4.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-tar' length 57357 bytes (56 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 56 Kb

* installing *source* package ‘rjags’ ...
checking for prefix by checking for jags... /usr/bin/jags
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking Console.h usability... yes
checking Console.h presence... yes
checking for Console.h... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for jags_version in -ljags... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating src/Makevars
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating src/Makevars
config.status: creating R/unix/zzz.R
** libs
g++ -I/usr/share/R/include -I/usr/include/JAGS     -fpic  -g -O2 -c
jags.cc -o jags.o
g++ -shared -o rjags.so jags.o -L/usr/lib -ljags -L/usr/lib64/R/lib -lR
installing to /home/pauljohn/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.11/rjags/libs
** R
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices ...
** testing if installed package can be loaded
module basemod loaded
module bugs loaded

* DONE (rjags)

The downloaded packages are in