[R-sig-Debian] rjags in Ubuntu 10.04

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu May 27 18:59:06 CEST 2010

On 27 May 2010 at 11:43, Paul Johnson wrote:
| On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
| >

| > Ack, and my bad -- I should have checked.
| >
| > The packaging is much smarter than I gave it credit for and _does_ of course
|
| I'm running Ubuntu on 64bits at the moment and had no trouble building
| the newer jags with Dirk's setup from the previous version of jags.
| The new jags was not yet available in the package system on Friday, I

Whose package system?  Debian had it as of May 12 and 18, respectively.

jags (2.1.0-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * configure: Once again patched for sh4.

  * debian/rules: Also run make docs inside doc/manual/
  * debian/control: Added Build-Depends: for manual creation
  * debian/jags.doc: Install the three pdf manuals

 -- Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org>  Tue, 18 May 2010 14:46:08 -0500

jags (2.1.0-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream release

 -- Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org>  Wed, 12 May 2010 11:11:24 -0500

Some of my Ubuntu systems get a

deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

in /etc/apt/sources.list which is _harmless_ : as it points to sources, it
will never install binaries that could break.  But you _can_ get access to
sources before the corresponding packages come to you via bi-annual Ubuntu
updates.  As discussed here -- so then

	  apt-get update
	  apt-get source -b jags

would build jags. (I do the build in a chroot but it is otherwise the same).

Yup.

--
  Regards, Dirk