[R-sig-Debian] rjags in Ubuntu 10.04

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu May 27 15:24:35 CEST 2010

On 27 May 2010 at 09:06, Michael Rutter wrote:

| On 05/27/2010 07:31 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| >
| > On 27 May 2010 at 07:15, Michael Rutter wrote:
| > |
| > |

| > |
| > | Scott,
| > |
| > | I also had trouble installing rjags in 10.04.  I got the same error you
| > | did, even though I could see the .so files.  The fix (I think, I tried
| > | lots of things) was to run 'ldconfig', then launch R and install the
| > | package.  Apparently, my jags install did not update the libraries.
| >
| > Excellent -- bug in my package as I do 'catch-all' package jags (as opposed
| > to libjags, libjags-dev, ...) and use packaging default so this got omitted.
| >
| > Will fix.  Thanks for catching that, and sorry for any inconvenience caused.
| >
| > Dirk
| >

| I do need to point out that I installed jags from the source files
| (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mcmc-jags/files/).  Then I installed
| rjags from within R, after I did the 'ldconfig' command.

Ack, and my bad -- I should have checked.

The packaging is much smarter than I gave it credit for and _does_ of course
include a call to ldconfig in its postinst.  So maybe next time you want to
try 'apt-get source -b jags' (after adding a deb-src entry that points to
unstable to your /etc/apt/sources.list) ?

--
  Regards, Dirk