[R-sig-Debian] ubuntu hardy heron and lme4

Anne York york at zipcon.net
Mon Mar 1 17:08:59 CET 2010

Hi Michael:

I already tried reinstalling from with R on cran -- after
checking on the status of LAPACK:

/usr/bin/R CMD config LAPACK_LIBS

to which the system responded

-llapack

The result was the same. The programs within lme4 failed to
compile because -llapack was not found. The error message
during installation was:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llapack
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status