[R-sig-Debian] ubuntu hardy heron and lme4

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Mar 1 17:37:23 CET 2010

On 1 March 2010 at 08:08, Anne York wrote:
| Hi Michael:
|
| I already tried reinstalling from with R on cran -- after
| checking on the status of LAPACK:
|
| /usr/bin/R CMD config LAPACK_LIBS
|
| to which the system responded
|
| -llapack
|
| The result was the same. The programs within lme4 failed to
| compile because -llapack was not found. The error message
| during installation was:
|
| /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llapack
| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Do 'dpkg -l | grep lapack' and make sure you see liblapack-dev as installed.

Also do 'ldd /usr/lib/R/bin/exec/R' and make sure you do _not_ have a depends
on Rlapack.so.  There was an important change in the Fortran compiler a while
back; I no longer anything as ancient as Ubuntu 8.04.  It may still date back
to those days...

  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!