[R-sig-Debian] ubuntu hardy heron and lme4

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Mon Mar 1 13:34:58 CET 2010

Anne,

The version of lme4 you find on the Hardy repositories is very old at
this point.  Looking at the package information page
(http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/r-cran-lme4) it was built using R
2.5.1, which could be the cause of your problems.

My suggestion would be to use install.packages("lme4") from within R to
make sure you have the latest version.  See
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/ for additional information.

Hope this helps,
Michael