[R-sig-Debian] Limit of c() length?

Paul Roge proge at berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 17 17:10:24 CET 2010

Hello,

I am running the debian derivative gnewsense lemote (mipsel
architecture) on a lemote yeeloong notebook. It appears that entering
long vectors into R using the c() command is not accepted. R outputs the
"+" symbol, which normally asks for additional syntax to finish the
code. R accepts the vector in smaller pieces using c() and accepts the
complete vector in debian squeeze (i386 architecture).

Is there known limits for entry lengths in R for mipsel? Is this a
problem that I will encounter with other commands when using the mipsel
architecture?

> > sessionInfo()
> R version 2.7.1 (2008-06-23)
> mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu
>
> locale:
> LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8;LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8;LC_MONETARY=C;LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8;LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C
>
> attached base packages:

thanks,
Paul

--