[R-sig-Debian] No fonts control on Cairo in batch mode

Christian Kamenik christian.kamenik at giub.unibe.ch
Thu Dec 16 13:19:50 CET 2010

Dear all,

I've sent this question to the r-help mailing list, but maybe it is
better suited for the r-sig-debian mailing list, although this is not
Debian (but still Linux):

I am using Cairo version 1.4-5 for plotting R graphs on a Gentoo system
that does not have X11 installed. I have full control on the fonts when
running R in interactive mode. But when running R in batch mode I cannot
change e.g. font size. Letters (including symbols) are, however, drawn.

I am exporting the following environemntal variables when running R in
batch mode to point to pkgconfig, which is used by Cairographics, and
which I installed in a non-standard local.

export PATH="$HOME/software/bin:$PATH"
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$HOME/software/lib/pkgconfig
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/software/lib
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Any help would be highly appreciated, Christian

Oeschger Centre for Climate Change Research, Institute of Geography&  Institute of Plant Sciences
University of Bern

http://www.stomatocysts.unibe.ch/kamenik
mailto: christian.kamenik at giub.unibe.ch

Postal address: