[R-sig-Debian] [Fwd: Re: ubuntu problem with 'r-cran-robustbase' [FWD Agustin Lobo]]

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Tue May 12 19:05:00 CEST 2009

Good (but astonishing) news:
1. (As noted in previous message)
After having removed r-base-core and
installed back r-base and r-base-dev
the binary installation of robustbase
apt-get install r-cran-robustbase

still gives in R the same error as before:
> require(robustbase)
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
   unable to load shared library
'/usr/lib/R/site-library/robustbase/libs/robustbase.so':
   libRlapack.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

2. After removing the binary
apt-get remove r-cran-robustbase

The source installation using install.packages("robustbase") from within
R works fine. The gcc step now works using lapack:

gcc -std=gnu99 -shared -o robustbase.so R-rng4ftn.o init.o lmrob.o mc.o
qn_sn.o rf-common.o rffastmcd.o rfltsreg.o wgt_himed.o -llapack -lblas
-lgfortran -lm -lgfortran -lm -L/usr/lib/R/lib -lR

Thank you all.

Agus