[R-sig-Debian] libRlapack.so ... : No such file or directory

tyler tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri May 30 16:44:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

I tried to install a few packages and got hung up when Matrix couldn't
be lazy loaded. The actual error follows:

> library(Matrix)
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared library
         '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/Matrix/libs/Matrix.so':
  libRlapack.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Matrix'

I googled a bit, and found some related bug reports, but I can't
understand them. Any suggestions? Could this be related to switching to
the optimized atlas libraries, which I did earlier in the week?

Cheers,

Tyler
R version 2.7.0 (2008-04-22)
Lenny, last updated today