[R-sig-Debian] separate window for help/newbie

Adrian Dusa dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 19:16:12 CET 2007

On Tuesday 13 November 2007, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> On 13 November 2007 at 19:26, Adrian Dusa wrote:
> [...]
>
> | Then I created .Rprofile (in both /usr/lib/R/etc/ and /etc/R/) with
>
> ( Redundant, should be the same file by virtue of symbolic links. )

Yes it's true, i just needed to make sure it reads it.

> [..]
>
> As per   help(Startup)   the site-global file is Rprofile.site, not
> .Rprofile.
>
> Also note how it tells you
>
> 	 do not change '$R_HOME/etc/Renviron' itself
>
> Renviron is, AFAIK, a reflection of compile-time settings.
>
> Things have always worked fine for me with the either the ~/.Rprofile and
> ~/.Renviron files, or their *.site variants below /etc.

OK, one step forward. So that's the difference between .Rprofile
and .Rprofile.site

This option can be manually set in R; I have also tried that last times and
Konqueror still displays the home folder instead of the help file.

With .Rprofile.site in /etc/R/ (and/or .Rprofile in the home folder) the
result is the same.

The question is how to persuade Konqueror to display the help file. In R:
> options("pager")
$pager
[1] "kfmclient newTab"

Thanks,