[R-sig-Debian] setting R_LIBS

Sebastian Luque spluque at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 03:40:09 CET 2005

Hi again,

My new private library setting needs some further tweaking apparently.  Two
things seem to be wrong:

1) Although package compilation finishes without problems, I get this message at
   the end:

,-----
| Warning message:
| cannot create HTML package index in: tools:::unix.packages.html(.Library)
`-----

2) when doing library("package"), I get this:

,-----
| Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
| 	unable to load shared library '/home/sluque/R/library/chron/libs/chron.so':
|   /home/sluque/R/library/chron/libs/chron.so: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted
| Error: package/namespace load failed for 'chron'
`-----

None of this happens when using the predefined library at
/usr/local/lib/R/site-library.  Perhaps I need to set some particular
permissions on this directory?

Thanks,

--
Sebastian P. Luque