[R-sig-Debian] setting R_LIBS

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Dec 6 03:54:50 CET 2005

On 5 December 2005 at 20:40, Sebastian Luque wrote:
| Hi again,
|
| My new private library setting needs some further tweaking apparently.  Two
| things seem to be wrong:
|
| 1) Although package compilation finishes without problems, I get this message at
|    the end:
|
| ,-----
| | Warning message:
| | cannot create HTML package index in: tools:::unix.packages.html(.Library)
| `-----

Do you write permissions where the default library index is written?  If not,
did you use an appropriate option to destdir ?

| 2) when doing library("package"), I get this:

Is that a literal "package", are do you mean this as an example?

| ,-----
| | Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
| | 	unable to load shared library '/home/sluque/R/library/chron/libs/chron.so':
| |   /home/sluque/R/library/chron/libs/chron.so: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted
| | Error: package/namespace load failed for 'chron'
| `-----
|
| None of this happens when using the predefined library at
| /usr/local/lib/R/site-library.  Perhaps I need to set some particular
| permissions on this directory?

This looks as if the build failed. I'd remove the package and try again. If
it fails again, but doesn't affect other packages, I'd consider debugging
cron.

Hth, Dirk

--
Statistics: The (futile) attempt to offer certainty about uncertainty.
         -- Roger Koenker, 'Dictionary of Received Ideas of Statistics'