[R-sig-DB] Trouble Installing RODBC on Mavericks

Joran Elias jor@n@e||@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Apr 15 03:50:16 CEST 2014

I was hoping to avoid the issues others had had compiling packages from
source on Mavericks, and I was under the impression that the Mavericks
binary of 3.1.0 mostly solved that problem. So I was concerned that even
compiling from source failed for me, particularly since it seemed to be a
different problem (not finding the sql headers) than the gcc/clang issue.

If I installed the Snow Leopard binary of 3.1.0 on a machine running
Mavericks, presumably I would have to do the Makevars modification to
enable myself to compile packages from source, no?

In any case, I have a clone of my machine set up now that I will experiment
with installing Mavericks and 3.1.0 and see if I can get RODBC to work
somehow.