[R-sig-DB] New maintainer for DBI package

Seth Falcon @eth @end|ng |rom u@erpr|m@ry@net
Sat Oct 19 01:10:23 CEST 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Sean O'Riordain <seanpor using acm.org> wrote:

> A nice to have would be placeholders like in Perl DBI, refer
> http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=7548
>
> So you can do things like
>
> # warning perl code!
> my $sth = $dbh->prepare_cached("insert into my_table (id, name) values (?,
> ?)");
> $sth->execute('15', 'Foo');
> # which in perl is cleaner,  easier and generally faster than pasting
> things together into an sql statement.

Note that RSQLite has support for prepared queries. You can even do inserts
or selects filling parameters from the rows of a data frame.

--
Seth Falcon | @sfalcon | http://userprimary.net/