[R-sig-DB] New maintainer for DBI package

Sean O'Riordain @e@npor @end|ng |rom @cm@org
Fri Oct 18 08:28:39 CEST 2013

Hi Hadley,
Great to hear.

A nice to have would be placeholders like in Perl DBI, refer
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=7548

So you can do things like

# warning perl code!
my $sth = $dbh->prepare_cached("insert into my_table (id, name) values (?, ?)");
$sth->execute('15', 'Foo');
# which in perl is cleaner,  easier and generally faster than pasting
things together into an sql statement.

Though I'm not doing any database work at the moment so I'm in no
particular rush - but they're so nice and easy to use :-)

Kind regards,
Sean