[R-sig-DB] Connect R to MySQL DB installed via XAMPP

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothend|eck @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 26 14:48:28 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 6:38 AM, Boris Leroy <leroy.boris using gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Julien,
>
> yes I managed to connect R to MySQL through XAMPP, on the basis of the
> RODBC package, because the other packages did not work properly.

The usual problem that users have with RMySQL is not that it does not
work properly but that users don't read the installation instructions
that come with it.  Instead rely on outdated or wrong information that
they have found on the internet.   The installation instructions are
in the INSTALL file in the source tar.gz and that file is also linked
to on the RMySQL CRAN home page
http://cran.r-project.org/package=RMySQL via the Installation: link.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting