[R-sig-DB] Connect R to MySQL DB installed via XAMPP

julien cuisinier j_cu|@|n|er @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Tue Jun 26 15:00:31 CEST 2012

Many thanks both for your feedback.

It must be said that the install of RMySQL on Windows is much more convoluted than what  R used us to...& it was working "off the shelve" (with the usual simple install.packkages())  in previous versions of R under windows, hence the confusion I think (mine at least)....

sorry for the unecessary noise

Julien