[R-sig-DB] Connect R to MySQL DB installed via XAMPP

Boris Leroy |eroy@bor|@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 26 12:38:32 CEST 2012

Hi Julien,

yes I managed to connect R to MySQL through XAMPP, on the basis of the
RODBC package, because the other packages did not work properly.
Furthermore, some functions in RODBC did not work properly, like
sqlSave, and I could not obtain help for this.
I therefore wrote my own functions on the basis of "sqlQuery".

It now works relatively well, so I would advise you to give a try to RODBC.

Regards,

--
Boris Leroy,
PhD Student,

+33 (0) 2 23 23 68 05
+33 (0) 6 66 02 13 27

Thanks Brain for even answering my (too) long email.

I did not mean to ask how to install windows source package - merely
hoping that someone would have sucessfully connect R with MySQL
(through XAMPP) without using RMySQL which I could not install "off
the shelve", while showing I did some research & tried before jumping
to the list.

Most probably my email was messy / too long, apologies for the inconvenience

Re RTools & how to use it, I believe I had simply not read proprely
what it is for / how to use it - mea culpa.

Rgds,
Julien

> Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:24:38 +0100
> From: ripley using stats.ox.ac.uk
> To: r-sig-db using r-project.org
> Subject: Re: [R-sig-DB] Connect R to MySQL DB installed via XAMPP
>
> On 25/06/2012 15:12, julien cuisinier wrote:
> >
> > Hi List,
> >

> > Just to update, I could find a zip online (I unfortunately lost the address & cannot find it anymore) RMySQL_0.8-0_for_MySQL_5.5.16.
zip