[R-sig-DB] Unable to install ROracle on R 2.14.0

Bowling, Brad br@d@bow||ng @end|ng |rom b@nko|@mer|c@@com
Tue Nov 15 00:12:31 CET 2011

I am having an issue compiling and installing ROracle.  My knowledge of
R is very limited so I am looking for any advice on ways I can
troubleshoot and/or solve this issue, i.e. logs, commands, patches, etc.
My environment is as follows:

Operating System - Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update
6)
Linux atlqtfldplz01 2.6.9-78.0.1.ELhugemem #1 SMP Tue Jul 22 18:23:25
EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

R version 2.14.0 (2011-10-31) Platform: i686-pc-linux-gnu (32-bit)
Trying to install ROracle_0.5-12.tar.gz

Oracle Client:  10.1.0.3.0 (32bit)
ORACLE_HOME=/mass/oracle/product/10.1.0.3.0
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mass/oracle/product/10.1.0.3.0/lib

Installed R libraries:
# /mass/bin/R --slave -e 'cat(rownames(installed.packages()), "\n")'
base bitops boot caTools chron class cluster codetools corpcor datasets
DBI digest ellipse fAssets fBasics fCopulae fda fields foreign
fPortfolio gdata getopt glpk gplots graphics grDevices grid gtools Hmisc
KernSmooth lars lattice leaps limSolve lpSolve MASS Matrix methods mgcv
mnormt nlme nnet optparse pls proto quadprog Rcpp Rglpk rjson
R.methodsS3 robustbase R.oo ROracle roxygen rpart Runiversal slam sn
spam spatial splines stats stats4 survival tcltk timeDate timeSeries
tools tseries urca utils zoo

When attempting to compile/install ROracle I receive the following:

# /mass/R/R-2.14.0/bin/R CMD INSTALL -l /mass/R/R-2.14.0/lib/R/library
./ROracle_0.5-12.tar.gz
* installing *source* package 'ROracle' ...
** package 'ROracle' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
## You are not building with distcc and have been limited to -j2
## If you are on the build machine consider stopping and running
## envy distcc before restarting the build
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating src/Makevars
sed: file ./confstatSv9983/subs-1.sed line 43: unterminated `s' command
config.status: creating src/Makefile
sed: file ./confstatSv9983/subs-1.sed line 43: unterminated `s' command
** libs
** arch -
make: *** No targets.  Stop.
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'ROracle'
* removing '/mass/R/R-2.14.0/lib/R/library/ROracle'

Has anyone experienced this issue?  I haven't found much in the way of
documentation out there.  Just install procedures, which I've checked
and double checked.  Not really sure how to troubleshoot this further.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Brad