[R-sig-DB] [R] RMySQL Keeps crashing

Peter Benjamin Volk peter@benj@m|n@vo|k @end|ng |rom |n|@tu-dre@den@de
Thu Dec 11 14:47:40 CET 2008

Hi Jeff,

>>> Can you send the output of sessionInfo() and also a small example that
>>> reproduces the crash? It would be nice to know which OS you are
>>> working on.
>> R version 2.8.0 (2008-10-20)
>> i386-pc-mingw32
>>
>> locale:
>> LC_COLLATE=German_Germany.1252;LC_CTYPE=German_Germany.1252;LC_MONETARY=German_Germany.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=German_Germany.1252
>>

>> attached base packages:
>> other attached packages:
>> [1] MASS_7.2-44     RMySQL_0.7-2    DBI_0.2-4       lattice_0.17-17

>> [1] grid_2.8.0
>>

>> I'm Working on Windows XP with SP3. The MySQL Server resides on an
>> Ubuntu Server. The failure also happens when I have the server on the
>> same system as R.
>>

> Okay, what's the output of the following R command readRegistry:
>
> readRegistry("SOFTWARE\\MySQL AB", hive="HLM", maxdepth=2)
>
> I have a suspicion it's a version mismatch between the version of
> MySQL client library with which the package was compiled and the
> version installed and loaded by RMySQL on your machine. Your output
> will give us the latter version, unless you have more than one installed.

$`MySQL Server 5.1`
$`MySQL Server 5.1`$DataLocation
[1] "C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application
Data\\MySQL\\MySQL Server 5.1\\"

$`MySQL Server 5.1`$FoundExistingDataDir
[1] "0"

$`MySQL Server 5.1`$Location
[1] "C:\\Program Files\\MySQL\\MySQL Server 5.1\\"

$`MySQL Server 5.1`$Version
[1] "5.1.30"

Also: under windows the install package menu shows two RMySQL packages
that can be installed.

cheers,
Peter

--
Dipl.-Inf. Peter Benjamin Volk
Dresden University of Technology / Database Technology Group