[R-sig-DB] RSQLite enhancements

Ashish Kulkarni @@h|@h@ku|k@rn| @end|ng |rom k@|yptor|@k@com
Mon Oct 16 07:17:20 CEST 2006

Hello,

I've been working on some enhancements for RSQLite, and here they are :-)

CHANGES
=======

Version 0.4-5

* Update to the SQLite 3 API for fetching records. This means that
  the records are pulled from the database as required, and not
  cached in memory as was previously done.

* dbConnect() now has a parameter "loadable.extensions" which will
  allow loading of extensions. See the loadable extensions documentation:
  http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=LoadableExtensions

The source and binary packages are available at:

http://puggy.symonds.net/~ashish/downloads/R/

I'm planning to add more features to RSQLite next week:

* use actual types from SQLite and remove the type.convert calls
* implement DBIPreparedStatment and friends, similar to ROracle
* implement dbApply (if time permits .. this will be tough).

BTW, the SQLite tarball for 0.4-4 contains a ELF-binary copy of SQLite (I assume it's Linux) in the inst/ folder. This get copied on even windows binary packages, increasing its size from roughly 356kB -> 1.5M.

Hope this helps,
Ashish