[R-sig-DB] RSQLite enhancements

Seth Falcon @|@|con @end|ng |rom |hcrc@org
Mon Oct 16 23:17:00 CEST 2006

Hi Ashish,

"Ashish Kulkarni" <ashish.kulkarni using kalyptorisk.com> writes:
> Hello,
>
> I've been working on some enhancements for RSQLite, and here they
> are :-)

Wow, these changes look great.  I will plan on applying the patch you
posted.

> I'm planning to add more features to RSQLite next week:
>
> * use actual types from SQLite and remove the type.convert calls
> * implement DBIPreparedStatment and friends, similar to ROracle
> * implement dbApply (if time permits .. this will be tough).

Sounds good.  I think there are many users who will appreciate having
access to prepared statements.

> BTW, the SQLite tarball for 0.4-4 contains a ELF-binary copy of
> SQLite (I assume it's Linux) in the inst/ folder. This get copied on
> even windows binary packages, increasing its size from roughly 356kB
> -> 1.5M.

Oops, will take care of that in the next push to CRAN.  While there
_is_ an ELF-binary that doesn't belong, the size is not going to be
356kB.  The sqlite source tarball is 1.7MB alone.

+ seth