[R-sig-DB] RMySQL for windows

Seth Falcon @|@|con @end|ng |rom |hcrc@org
Fri Oct 13 23:03:37 CEST 2006

Hi Peter,

"Peter Sørensen (HAG)" <Peter.Sorensen2 using agrsci.dk> writes:
> Uptill now I have been using RMySQL on Windows and installed it by
> downloading the precompiled (binary) version of RMySQL for windows
> from http://stat.bell-labs.com/RS-DBI/download/. It works great.  I
> have now upgraded R to 2.4.0 and would like to install RMySQL again,
> but the binary version (RMySQL 0.5-7
> <https://djfpost.agrsci.dk/exchange/pso/Kladder/RE:%20%5BR-sig-DB%5D%20RSQLite%20and%20SQLite%203.3.x.EML/RMySQL/RMySQL_0.5-7.zip>
> ) downloaded from the above website does not work with R2.4.0 ( but
> it did work with R version 2.4.0 Under development (unstable)
> (2006-07-25 r38698)).

The S4 class system, which is used by RMySQL, went through heavy
revision during the R 2.4.0 dev cycle.  So I'm pretty sure that
explains why the binary package worked with an R from late July and
doesn't work with the release.

> I have looked for a windows binary of RMySQL for R2.4.0 at the
> R/Bioconductor websites, but could not find any.  Is there a windows
> binary avaliable somewhere?

I don't know of one, but we will see what we can do here to build one
and make it available.

> I hope that my questions are clear and that this is the right place
> to send these questions.

I think this is the right place.  Thanks for the report.

+ seth