[R-sig-DB] Re: Rdbi package [forwarded msg]

David James dj @end|ng |rom re@e@rch@be||-|@b@@com
Wed Sep 5 22:22:26 CEST 2001

Hi,

We did start an informal discussion back in April, right after Tim
submitted his proposal.  I think that we agreed that writing some
kind of draft "request for comments" (RFC) based on his initial Rdbi
was a good idea.  At the time, Brian correctly pointed out that we
had no framework for discussion, and that there were many other
pressing issues that came up at the Vienna conference requiring
attention for the members of the r-core group.  Since then, a
lot of good things have happened: Martin has setup the R-SIG-DB,
and versions 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 have been released (among other nice
things).  I'd agree with Kurt that it's probably a good time to
get back to Tim's proposal.

Is there a consensus that an RFC based on the Rdbi is the next
logical step?

--
David A. James
Statistics Research, Room 2C-253            Phone:  (908) 582-3082