[R-pkg-devel] accessing data folder Warning/Error

Iris Simmons |kw@|mmo @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 12 01:30:33 CEST 2024

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it sounds like you're storing data that your
package requires in an external location. You need to put your data into
your R package and then access that data with system.file(package =
"<pkgname>", <path within package>)

Sometimes people will make a folder inst/extdata inside their R package
directory and then dump the data that the package requires in there. You
can see this link for more information:
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-exts.html#Data-in-packages

So, if you move your files into your R package, you should have a directory
inst/extdata/data-raw, and files inst/extdata/metadata,
inst/extdata/textgrid, and inst/extdata/README.md

When your package is installed, the contents of inst are unpacked into the
install directory. So, to refer to files after the package has been
installed and loaded, use:

system.file(package = "<pkgname>", "extdata", "data-raw", <more path>)
system.file(package = "<pkgname>", "extdata", "metadata")