[R-pkg-devel] Packages required but not available

Leonardo Cefalo |eon@rdo@ce|@|o @end|ng |rom un|b@@|t
Wed Jun 12 20:04:26 CEST 2024

Dear all

I have just submitted a new version of the package SchoolDataIT
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_SchoolDataIT.html>

On r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc I got this error
<https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc/SchoolDataIT-00check.html>
:

Result: ERROR
   Packages required but not available:
     'dplyr', 'ggplot2', 'readr', 'readxl', 'rvest', 'stringr', 'tidyr'

   Packages suggested but not available for checking: 'testthat',
'tidyverse'

   See section ‘The DESCRIPTION file’ in the ‘Writing R Extensions’
   manual.

If I don't get it wrong, this should be a version problem but I cannot
figure out how to modify the DESCRIPTION in order to avoid this result.
Also I never noticed such problems with the old package version, though
no version specification was included either (except for testthat) and
the DESCRIPTION file had the same Imports and Suggestions fields

I have found this discussion on the posit community
<https://forum.posit.co/t/package-required-but-not-available-error-on-cran/180047>
but I am not sure if it is exactly the same case - also because the same
platforms did not give any problem with tidyverse packages before.

Could somebody please help me understanding how to fix this?
Thank you very much in advance

With kindest regards
LC
Sostieni la formazione e la ricerca universitaria con il tuo 5 per mille
all'Università di Bari.
Firma la casella "Finanziamento della ricerca scientifica e della
Università"
indicando il codice fiscale 80002170720.

Il tuo contributo può fare la differenza: oggi più che mai!