[R-pkg-devel] Warning when the --as-cran flag is used, not otherwise.

Rolf Turner ro||turner @end|ng |rom po@teo@net
Tue Jan 16 23:13:22 CET 2024

In a package that I am updating, I have a data documentation file
monoCyteSim.Rd.  In this file, two data sets are documented: bivarSim
and ccSim.  The usage section is;

> \usage{
>     bivarSim
>     ccSim
> }

Since the data are lazy-loaded I *don't* wrap the names of the data
sets in "data()".

I do this in another data documentation file (SydColDat.Rd) without
problem. However when I check the package using --as-cran I get a
warning:

> * checking for code/documentation mismatches ... WARNING
> Variables with usage in documentation object 'monoCyteSim' but not in
> code: ‘bivarSim’ ‘ccSim’

No such warning seems to arise in respect of SydColDat.Rd.

Can anyone explain what is going on, and what if anything I can do
about it?  I would be grateful for any insight.

I have attached the two help files, the one that triggers the
warning and the one that doesn't.  I have changed the extension from
.Rd to .txt so that (I hope!) the mailer doesn't strip them away.

The complete package, as it currently stands (if this is of any
interest), is available from my web page:

    https://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~rolf/

Scroll to near the bottom and click on "Eglhmm".

Thanks.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--