[R-pkg-devel] How to create a macos-arm64 virtual machine/cloud environment to debug R package?

Vincent van Hees v|ncentv@nhee@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Dec 6 11:09:00 CET 2023

Sorry, I now see that this may actually be a timezone specific issue which
I can now reproduce in Windows by changing the timezone of the timeseries
to "Pacific/Auckland".

This would indicate that macos-arm64 CRAN machines are based in a different
timezone than the other machines, not the arm64 OS as such.

This reminds me that I ran into a similar issues earlier this year where I
struggled to get GitHub Actions to run the macos workflow in a non-default
timezone, which I raised elsewhere:
https://community.rstudio.com/t/upgrading-github-action-workflow-to-address-no-package-called-rcmdcheck-but-unclear-how-to-account-for-timezone/166876
... I should have thought about that first.

Vincent