[R-pkg-devel] Troubleshooting Winbuilder Run Timeouts

Andrew Robbins @ndrew @end|ng |rom robb|n@@@me
Thu Nov 30 15:30:36 CET 2023

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for giving my package check a run-through. You have it
correct-every win-builder log hangs/halts in that exact example. The
only other anomaly I notice on win-builder is that the elapsed time
reported to Rcout is 0-which is clearly incorrect. DNDEBUG removing the
assert calls would certainly make my life quite a bit easier when it
comes time to maintain the package, so I'll definitely give that a try.
Re: declared requirements, WindowsOverrides contains slightly modified
copies of cmake locator files with patches that will likely be included
in a later Rtools43 release. I'm fairly sure pkgbuild in rtools can be
assumed present, but that's more of a Tomas question (and it may be
worth declaring either way). Regardless, those files aren't intended to
stick around for any longer than they need to. Any other suggestions are
always welcome, but I do get the feeling that something is fishy on
win-builder's end.

Best,

Andrew

--