[R-pkg-devel] Warning from orphaned package on check page

Thu Nov 9 12:38:10 CET 2023

В Wed, 8 Nov 2023 21:50:46 -0500
"Liam J. Revell" <liam.revell using umb.edu> пишет:

> 'plotrix' is imported by well over 100 other CRAN packages, so I hope
> it is not removed from CRAN.

The CRAN team has already updated it once [1], fixing a number of Rd
problems to ensure that it stays on CRAN for now and thus avoiding the
immediate damage to the ecosystem, but eventually, someone interested
in keeping this package working will have to step up and become the new
maintainer.

> On the other hand, I don't want to certify that 'I have fixed all
> problems shown on the package check page' if this is not, in fact,
> the case.

My interpretation is that while your packages still depend on plotrix,
this counts as a major problem. Can you make it at least an optional
dependency?

--
Best regards,
Ivan