[R-pkg-devel] roxygen style documentation for data sets

Michael L Friendly |r|end|y @end|ng |rom yorku@c@
Thu Sep 21 20:45:34 CEST 2023

Yes, if usethis is the most useful place for this to be, I suppose I should first flag this as an issue, and then issue a PR for my code.

I don't understand the fine distinctions between GPL-2 and MIT licensed code.

Perhaps some other developers can chime in here.

-Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Krylov <krylov.r00t using gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2023 1:37 PM
To: Michael L Friendly <friendly using yorku.ca>
Cc: r-package-devel using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R-pkg-devel] roxygen style documentation for data sets

В Thu, 21 Sep 2023 16:33:35 +0000
Michael L Friendly <friendly using yorku.ca> пишет:

> I called this function `use_data_doc()`, because I thought it would be
> a welcome addition to the usethis package.
>
> I hope that someone on this list can advise how to make such a
> function available to all R package developers.

Perhaps a pull request to https://github.com/r-lib/usethis/pulls ?

Should this function be considered a work derived from R? If yes, then (in my non-lawyer opinion) it retains its ownership by R Core and being licensed under GPL-2, which may be a problem for MIT-licensed usethis.

--
Best regards,
Ivan