[R-pkg-devel] Cadence of macOS builds at CRAN

Aron Atkins @ron@@tk|n@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 14 15:21:00 CEST 2023

Dirk,

Providing a partial answer: Simon replied earlier today to my related
question; macOS builds had been blocked, but are starting to flow again.

> one package managed to spawn a separate process that was blocking the
build process (long story) and I was on the other side of the world. It
should be fixed now, but it may take up to a day before the backlog is
processed.

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-package-devel/2023q3/009562.html

Aron

On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 9:09 AM Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd using debian.org> wrote:

> Simon,
>
> A new package of mine [1] appeared on CRAN on Sep 5. Respecting the one
> week gap,
> I made a small update on Sep 12.
>
> Today is Sep 14. There are still no builds for
>   macOS r-release (arm64)
>   macOS r-oldrel (arm64)
>   macOS r-release (x86_64)
> but we do have two oldrel releases. Weirder still we have results for
> macOS r-release (x86_64) even when the binary is not listed.
>
> There is nothing tricky in the package or it dependencies.  Could you
> provide
> an update of what should and can be expected in the macOS provision? Is
> this
> a matter of intra-CRAN syncing between your builder(s) and the Vienna site?
>
> Thanks as always,  Dirk
>
> [1] https://cran.r-project.org/package=RcppInt64
>
> --
> dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org