[R-pkg-devel] How to fix Archived Package Rpdb?

Leonard Mada |eo@m@d@ @end|ng |rom @yon|c@eu
Sat Sep 9 20:15:11 CEST 2023

Thank you very much for this help.

1.) I am a little bit unsure about the LICENSE file - see below (in-text).

2.) There is a new error in the meantime:

- the check works on Windows, but fails everywhere else with:

Warning: Found the following significant warnings:
   Warning: 'rgl.init' failed, running with 'rgl.useNULL = TRUE'.

Googling the web was not very informative either: it mentions something
about quartz device - but I am uncertain what to do.

On 9/8/2023 6:59 PM, Hadley Wickham wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 8, 2023 at 6:02 AM Leonard Mada via R-package-devel
> <r-package-devel using r-project.org>  wrote:
>> Dear Members,
>>
>> I would like to reanimate the archived package Rpdb:
>> https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rpdb/index.html
>>
>> [...]
>> 2.b.) Description file
>> - I left the original author as the author (with the provided e-mail
>> address): should I delete this email?
> It probably doesn't matter than much either way, but since the author
> doesn't appear to respond to emails to that address, I personally
> would lean towards deleting it.
>
>> - I have added myself as maintainer; [...]
>> - updated the licence to GPL v3: the original does not specify any
>> version number;
>>

>> Is there anything else that needs to be done?
> There are at least three 3 R CMD check failures you need to address:
>
> * [...]
>
> * You need to add LICENSE to .Rbuildignore, or and IMO better, delete
> that file and use usethis::use_gpl3_license() to the license in
> markdown form, and correctly ignored for CRAN submission

If I understand correctly:

- delete the "LICENSE" file and use usethis::use_gpl3_license(), which
adds the "LICENSE.md" file;

- should I also add some code to the DESCRIPTION file?

> * Many examples use `\%in\%` instead of `%in%.

Hopefully, this is fixed now. But it was quit a hassle to find out which
files were affected. [I could have used gawk, but the error-reporting
could be improved as well!]

Sincerely,

Leonard