[R-pkg-devel] Re-submission of removed package

Thu Jul 20 23:16:52 CEST 2023

On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 13:56:31 -0700
Ogan Mancarci <ogan.mancarci using gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been trying to reach the maintainer to resubmit the package
> after the required fixes but was unsuccessful in doing so. I have
> submitted the package myself but it appears that it requires approval
> from the creator to finalise submission which I am unsure if we'll
> get. What is the procedure to follow in this case?

Would you like to become the maintainer instead?

Here's what CRAN policy has to say:

>> Explain any change in the maintainer’s email address and if possible
>> send confirmation from the previous address (by a separate email to
>> CRAN-submissions using R-project.org) or explain why it is not possible.
 -- https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html

I think you can change the Maintainer: field and note the original
maintainer being unreachable in the submission comment. I would expect
it to take some time to confirm that the original maintainer is
actually unavailable.

--
Best regards,
Ivan