[R-pkg-devel] How to declare Bioconductor Dependencies in the Description File of my R Package

Thu Mar 16 18:15:10 CET 2023

On 16/03/2023 12:36 p.m., Tiago Olivoto wrote:
> Hi,
> My package pliman depends on EBImage which is in Bioconductor. I have
> created a function check_ebi() <
> https://github.com/TiagoOlivoto/pliman/blob/e6efc4b6a2396600939e308c235aeb9ab47af375/R/utilities.R#L534>
> that is called in .onAttach() <
> https://github.com/TiagoOlivoto/pliman/blob/master/R/zzz.R#L36>  and checks
> if EBImage is installed. If not, the function asks the user to install it.

If some other package loads but doesn't attach pliman, and is missing
EBImage, does it fail gracefully?  That's also important.  I'd test what
happens if a user runs pliman::object_edge( ... ) .  (That function
isn't in the CRAN version, just the Github version, so I haven't tried
this.)

Duncan Murdoch