[R-pkg-devel] How to declare Bioconductor Dependencies in the Description File of my R Package

Mon Mar 20 21:08:38 CET 2023

On Mon, 20 Mar 2023 19:32:03 +0000
"Ruff, Sergej" <Sergej.Ruff using tiho-hannover.de> wrote:

> but I thought Notes will also cause rejection when submitting a
> package to CRAN. Won´t that be a problem?

True, a NOTE during an automatic check may cause a rejection, but you
won't get this NOTE there. Automatic CRAN pre-tests are done with a
full package set: anything from CRAN and BioConductor that runs on a
given operating system can be loaded.

(This differentiates CRAN from, say, PyPI or NPM: the two latter
ecosystems are much larger and are expected to handle conflicting
dependency requirements. CRAN is small enough to be able to enforce the
rule that every package must play well with the latest version of
everything else.)

There's an additional CRAN check called noSuggests
<https://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/bdr/noSuggests/README.txt>. You will
get a NOTE there, but it's expected and won't count against you. The
only way avoid this NOTE there is to not have any packages in Suggests:
(or Enhances:).

--
Best regards,
Ivan