[R-pkg-devel] Package submission rejected as it fails checks on Debian

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom e||ect|vede|en@e@org
Tue Feb 21 12:25:39 CET 2023

On 2/21/23 2:34 AM, Vasileios Nikolaidis wrote:
> Yes, with all this I can think where I may have messed up. So thanks for
> the help, at least it verified it is indeed an issue with the code. As
> far as OSs, I use Ubuntu variants a lot and (on several machines) but
> these days I have easier access to Windows (with WSL2 btw). I also like
> a strict compiler (and linker), there is usually a reason why they are
> strict. So if it is not obvious from examining the code,  I will set up
> something (be it WSL, VM or Docker) for testing.

	  If you have NOT tried "GitHub Action" yet, I highly recommend it.
For my packages, every time I do "git push", it automatically runs "R
CMD build / check" on 5 different platforms -- with no further effort on
my part other than checking the results.

	  It should be easy to get something to work following the instructions
in Wickham and Bryan, R Packages[1] or copying the code from another
package.[2] If that fails, you might be able to get help from this list.
  I got valuable suggestions from Dir Eddelbuettel and Duncan Murdoch.

	  I don't know if any version of Debian is available on GitHub Action.
However, if CRAN is rejecting your package on GitHub Action, a question
about that to this list might help make it available.  If you have
special Ubuntu configuration issues that are not provided in the
standard GitHub Action configurations, asking here might help you with
that.

	  Hope this helps,
	  Spencer Graves

[1]