[R-pkg-devel] Package submission rejected as it fails checks on Debian

Mon Feb 20 22:09:58 CET 2023

On 20 February 2023 at 22:37, Vasileios Nikolaidis wrote:
| Thanks for taking the time to check it. The hint about the virtual
| 'layer' class is valuable.
| I will look into it.

Sounds good, glad to have been of assistance.  On a lark, I also tried your
most recent CRAN release, and it installs and loads fine here.

| PS I am tempted to set up a Debian test platform to speed up fixing the
| package.
| (Or abandon submitting the package to CRAN alltogether.)

I love working on Linux. And these days I hear from some friends that having
WSL2 on a (recent enough) Windows computer is also good as it effectively
gives a second machine with Ubuntu on it.  Docker can also be helpful, as are
the online resources -- rhub has helped me with both macos and windows builds.

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org