[R-pkg-devel] Failed CRAN tar.gz upload to CRAN

Chris Brien chr|@@br|en @end|ng |rom @de|@|de@edu@@u
Fri Jan 13 22:51:01 CET 2023

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for taking up my query.

I realized after I sent the message that I should have added that the package files is being dropped as well. It replaces my file name with "No file chosen".  Consequently I cannot continue submit the package.

I saw it as an error message because it is not a message that I have seen in the many times that I have uploaded a package to CRAN.

My interpretation of the message was that there is some "non-editable" material in the package information, most likely the DESCRIPTION file.

However, I doubted that this could be the case because the only changes in the DESCRIPTION file since I uploaded Version 2.1.16 two months ago are in the Version, Date, Packaged and Suggests, the latter having writeXLS removed because it is no longer needed.  I have verified that these are the only changed by extracting the DESCRIPTION file from both growthPheno_2.1.16 and 2.1.17 and doing a file comparison on them.

This led me to think that the problem must be in other than the DESCRIPTION file.

Unfortunately, I remain unable to upload the package.

Cheers,

  Chris