[R-pkg-devel] Package submission error due to vignette

Tue Nov 22 21:59:34 CET 2022

On 22 November 2022 at 14:15, Jaihee Choi wrote:
| I was trying to resubmit a package but was notified that it did not pass
| the initial checks due to the following error message regarding compiling
| my vignette:
|
| Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rje', details:
|   call: getEngine(name, package)
|   error: Vignette engine 'knitr' is not registered by any of the
| packages 'knitr'
| Execution halted
|
| I have knitr, rmarkdown, and rje under "Suggests:" in my description
| file, and I have VignetteBuilder: knitr. In the Vignette.Rmd I have
| %\VignetteEngine{knitr::rmarkdown}.
|
| Any guidance to resolve this issue would be much appreciated. Thank
| you very much.

It is an error in the current version of package 'rje' which I recently
pointed out to Robin, its maintainer.  You may be able to wait for an update
(and may want to contact Robin about his timeline) or (at least for a while)
skip 'rje' in your vignette.

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org